CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 6, 2008

On Judgement


One of my favorite blogs, ragamuffinsoul.com, had a post with this picture on it last week.  I was stunned, frightened, flabbergasted, etc, etc. (you get my point).  It has bothered me so much that I have found myself obsessing about it!  I admit, I think there should be one more group mentioned - A**H****s.  Well, I found myself in radical judgement of this group.  Oops.  I just HATE it when I come face to face with my ideals.  


I began thinking about what it means to be a Christian.  I was judging this group for being "Un-Christlike."  What do I do that deserves judgement?  Do I see a man standing on a street corner and turn away?  Do I hear that 1 in 10 children are being trafficked/exploited in the Dominican Republic, say "tsk, tsk," and run out to volleyball practice?  What does it say about my humanness and Christianity when I hear that it costs .06c/day to feed a person in Haiti, write my check for $20/month and think "Whew.  I've done my part."  

I want to live a radical life, pursuing peace and justice.  How does that fit into my consumer lifestyle?  Do I have the time?  If I go down that path, will my life ever be the same?  Will I write this blog post, think "Whew, glad I got that off my chest," and turn away any different than I was yesterday?  I feel like the man who looks in the mirror, and turns away, forgetting what he looks like.   I think that one who does not have a realistic expectation of the darkness in her own heart is one tiny step away from being the one holding up the sign.

What are you radically passionate about?  What will you do TODAY to pursue it?

2 comments:

autumnrain83 said...

Wow...that is all I can say...

Unknown said...

I think a much more fitting title for the banner would be:

Christ's Most Wanted

Seems like I recall Him saying it was the people mentioned in the banner he came to be with, not the self righteous religious who were always judging others. Somehow religion seems to often get in the way of and stand directly opposed to His work in life.

I too feel uncomfortable with any judgment. It's not my place to do that, I've got plenty of problems of my own to keep busy with.

Thanks for the insight and reminder.

Love you,
dad